Monday, August 30, 2010

About Sudden Cuts and Conflicts

I really don’t know much about channel management or partner portal. The only thing I do know about them is that basically they help the managers and the company organize the people around them.

As an ordinary employee, I shouldn’t be concerned with what the management specifically does since I should be busy with my own work. But when I think about it, perhaps I really should be. After all, whatever they’re going to look at or use or decide or even experiment on would most likely affect nobody else but me. So whether or not they decide to use partner portals, channel management or whatever they agree upon using means that I shouldn’t get involved but I’ll be affected anyway. Really, the points of authority.

I remember reading about the conflicts that happen with channel management on direct selling agents. Considering some companies, it’s really easy for them to cut out the middleman when they already think that the direct selling method isn’t suitable anymore for them. It’s really easy for them to slowly dis-intermediate then all of sudden they lean on eBay. Some companies are really sneaky when it comes to this because they’re already cutting channels, you’ll feel it coming but you can’t dodge it anyway.


What I do like about management is that some of them really make life easier. I remember a friend of mine always boasting about when he wins their small internal contests. In a way, that kind of management boosts the morale as well as the performance of the employees without the danger of suddenly cutting the agents channels out of nowhere. I think agents sell better when they feel like they can do anything, especially if the company lets them feel that way through promotions, contests and even small get-togethers.

Maybe I should start being more optimistic about the management or, more importantly, about myself. It’s hard to fight stress nowadays and it’s even harder when I am afraid of getting my channel cut suddenly. I do wish the management would give me something to look forward to or maybe even something to would boost my morale. In that way, maybe I can sell any product they would give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment